Today we reflect on the past few months.Today I share a personal note. I want to take the opportunity to recap (amongst other things) what I have learnt and summarise some of the biggest take outs for me.
I also wanted to let the readers know about some of my plans moving forward and as always I welcome any feedback.
Learnings Over The Past Months
- Getting to know yourself is important. It gives you a sense of direction, what you want to do in life. Take time to explore this. We get so caught up in our jobs and making money that we often spend very little time exploring ourselves and getting to know ourselves.
- The secret to positive change is to focus your attention on building the new and not fighting the old.
- We are responsible for our own lives. If we are unhappy with our current situation, we have the power to change that.
- We are more powerful and capable than we think.
- We have one life to live. Then we die. I think then that it is vitally important to do more of the things we love.
- You shouldn’t let fear stop you from achieving your dreams or doing the things you want in life. Besides we are all going to die in the end – we really have nothing to lose.
- Money will always remain a big issue in life. No matter what we are doing, we need money to survive. One of the things we advocate here is that you can pursue what you love and still make money. I have yet to make money off getButterflied. This will take a long time still. But I find comfort in knowing that I have taken a step towards a life that I believe I want to live.
- The purpose of life is to enjoy it, nothing more and nothing less.
- Pursuing a dream, whether it be starting your own business, travelling, writing a book etc. requires hard work – don’t be fooled into thinking this is not the case.
- I have learnt that any form of action is better than no action in pursuit of dreams and doing things you love. It’s one step away from what you don’t want. Keep moving.
- Happiness is the here, it is the now. We seem to attach a lot of value to achievement and measure success by how money we have. We often thinking to ourselves, that money will buy us our happiness, buy us our freedom. But really happiness is just being, outside of everything, all external influences, such as money.
- Internal feelings such as anxiety can be managed through not fighting them, rather accepting them and then taking action based on rational decisions to rectify them.
- The hardest part with anything is just starting. The other day I had an idea for a guest post for the Daily Zen. The Title was ‘The importance of acceptance to living a happier life’. In thinking about it, I had no clue what I was going to say, but once I started writing, the words just flowed. Just start, take the step, every step, no matter how small is a step towards achieving a dream.
- Be authentic. Be yourself. There’s only one you. Look at your life story, what makes you you and strive to build a life around who you are.
- People can be truly amazing and inspiring.
- I am learning that spreading, love, happiness and positivity is a big part of what I want to do in this life and what I want to spread over here at getButterflied. I am already seeing it take various forms, such as the introduction of Feature Friday’s.
- A change of environment is good and can provide a different avenue for inspiration.
- Trying too hard to make something work, can be counter productive. Sometimes we get more done, by just letting go and taking a step back.
- There is no harm or shame in asking for support in dealing with your problems,whatever they may be.
Changes Moving Forward
I have been visiting my gran the past week over in Johannesburg. It’s so quite here. I get to sit out in the Garden, hear the birds chirping – there are lots of them. This soothes me and relaxes me.
It is giving me time to think about how I plan to advance this blog moving forward. I then thought that I would share this with you, breaking up my plans on a daily basis and also sharing some ideas regarding possible products.
These changes will take effect as of this week.
I recently wrote a post about the introduction of Monday Morning Travel Inspiration and included a page on my site dedicated towards this. I am changing this:
I will not have a page dedicated towards travel inspiration – this will be removed.
Travel inspiration will be shared on Twitter and Facebook (for now) and possibly other social networks like Instagram in the future.
Tuesday will be dedicated towards a post written by me or a guest post. This will be published on the blog and across social media channels.
On Wednesdays I will share an article from another site, an article that I feel my readers can benefit from. This will be shared across Facebook and Twitter.
This day will once again be dedicated towards a post (or guest post).
The weekly personalised emails that my subscribers receive will also be sent out on this day (not on Wednesdays, as was the case in the past).
If you are enjoying the content and would like to be on the mailing list, don’t forget to subscribe.
I have some cool ideas regarding a free E-book that my subscribers will be the first to get their hands on. Yes, that’s a little bribe.
Feature Fridays will remain as is. Currently I am in desperate need of inspiring stores to share, so I urge you to get in contact. I want ordinary people to share extraordinary stories.
Your Input Required
As always I value your input. As such I’d like to get an idea of what we are doing well, what we could improve and what additional content you would like to see.
Here are some questions to get you thinking:
- What new fresh content do you want to see?
- Is there something you feel we could improve?
- What don’t you like?
- What do you like?
Please leave a comment below with your input or email me directly at email@example.com.
Have a great week.
How do you feel we can improve getButterflied? What content would you like to see?